- You need a minimum of 15 members in good standing, all of whom are either employed within, have a business office within, or reside within the locality or area for which a chapter is being proposed.
- An ASIS Chapter name must be descriptive of the chapter's geographic location.
- It must be signed by the Regional Vice President, whose signature indicates that he/she has done the following:
- Been involved with the development of the proposed chapter,
- Seen evidence of growth potential within the proposed chapter area, and
- Recommends the approval of the chapter petition.
- If the affected Regional Vice President recommends that the new chapter be established, he/she must endorse the petition and forward it to the Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer for action at the next meeting of the Board of Directors.
Source: Chapter Establishment & Revocation, Procedure 4000